Tuesday, July 1, 2014

31:7


As a blogger (although half the time I feel so unqualified to call myself that), I feel this pull to write something inspiring or end every post with a mini-lesson for my readers to walk away with.

And sometimes, I don't feel like I have much of ANYTHING figured out - and definitely nothing to share on here that will enrich someone's life. I feel like I can't write about what is going on in life, genuinely, without having something purposeful to say to tie it all together.

Honestly, I sometimes really don't have a lesson to share. I'm confused. I don't even know what to think. I get too sucked into this idea of typing up perfectly worded devotionals and forget that I need to write to myself just as much.

...but isn't that the whole point? Isn't that what that word community is supposed to mean? Coming alongside each other and living this messy and beautiful life together, for One cause & for One Name? Even in great sorrow and confusion and staggering losses of faith?

Life is hard, and life is happening.

I have hidden away from this place for the past three weeks, and I'm not back because I've reached some great epiphany to share with y'all. Quite the opposite, really. I think I have less of a purpose for this space NOW than I did THEN. And that's okay.

Come along with me, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...