Monday, May 5, 2014

Natural Migraine Relief


This pregnancy has been a real breeze for me, and I haven't had any terribly uncomfortable symptoms. That is, until these last couple of weeks when I've been plagued with terrible migraines that last for hours and hours. Tylenol, water, caffeine, sleep...none of it was helping me at all, until I tried making this!

All you need is honey, a couple fresh mint leaves, a half-inch section of chopped up ginger root, & boiling water. Steep the tea for 10-15 minutes, strain, and drink!

Ginger is an incredible natural medicine, anti-inflammatory, nausea reducer, gut healer, and destroys a host of viruses. I've loved studying up on ginger and other natural herbal remedies for all the aches and pains our bodies undergo on a daily basis; it's all so fascinating.

I've had several people recommend essential oils to me as a way to cure headaches, but I haven't had much luck. Peppermint and Lavender will fade a simple aching forehead, but a full-on migraine needs something a little stronger.

If anyone has any experience with essential oils or any other natural remedies for migraines, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...