Thursday, May 8, 2014

Let's Have Coffee


Jesus, people, and coffee are my three favorite things in the whole world. In that order.

If you've known me for any period of time, I've probably asked you at one time or another if you wanted to chat over something caffeinated. Life has changed a lot for me since I got married and moved to Tennessee, and I don't have as many opportunities (or close-by friends) to have coffee dates with anymore like I did back in Massachusetts. This has been a hard adjustment, but it's taught me to cherish those times with dear friends when I do get to have them!

If we had coffee, we'd go to JoZoara's, the cutest little coffee shop here. Sean and I go there at least once a week to study, chat, or eat. They play Christian music and have the yummiest food and desserts (& the greatest gluten-free banana bread).

I would ask you how life was treating you. How is school? How is your job? Any new adjustments? What kind of tasks and activities have been filling your days?

I'd fill you in on all the craziness at Martin's Home & Garden right now, why I'm only working two days, and how I'm making some really wonderful friends there. I would tell you that this pregnancy has been so easy, and then I'd confess how some days - I'm really nervous to be a mama and really have no idea what I'm doing. 

We'd talk about our churches, and the struggles, joys, growing pains, and victories of the Christian life. I'd ask you how I could pray for you; and when you ask me I'd tell you that I'm really floundering along in my spiritual life and need a good kick in the rear. 

Hopefully we'll laugh plenty. I hope you enjoy random fits of laughter as much as I do. I'll share with you some of the bizarre wacky dreams I've been having lately, like how I crash landed on a desert island and was chased by dinosaurs or that one where Sean was pregnant and gave birth to corn on the cob in the middle of Wal-Mart.

When we leave I'd give you a hug and promise to pray for you, and thank you for spending time talking and sharing your heart, and hope you walk away encouraged. 

Let's do this again, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...