Friday, May 16, 2014

Great Is His Faithfulness // 5 on Friday


O N E //

I've absolutely adored staying home these past few weeks and only having to work on Mondays & Saturdays. Gosh, I hate working. It just drains the life out of me. I'm planning on staying home once the baby's born, and I'd like to focus more on blogging and studying until, and after that. In the meantime, I'm enjoying a taste of being here more often.

I'll be posting something soon about why I'm planning on staying home full-time, in case anyone is wondering ;)

T W O //

I am hosting a GIVEAWAY starting next week!!! A friend from Massachusetts contacted me yesterday asking to work with me to promote her company! The name of her little shop is Clothed in Scarlet and currently she's only on Facebook. She makes beautiful little girls clothes as well as re-usable kitchen and household items; seriously cool stuff!

Go check her out - and then check back here for the giveaway next Friday!

T H R E E //

Sean started an internship at Tennessee's largest Christian radio station, WAYFM on the Wally Show, this week! He is so giddy excited! I am soooo excited for him, because the communications have always been his niche and we're thrilled to see what the future holds in this area! I am only just a teeeensy bit jealous :P My dad ran a Christian Radio Station for two years, and I absolutely adored getting to hang out there and see how a station runs. I'm glad Sean gets that chance now!

F O U R //

I felt the baby start to move this week! Finally everything's starting to feel real to me! GAhHHHH it's so crazy! I thought it would feel real when we had our first ultrasound, or when we heard the heartbeat, or when I starting seeing a baby bump come in...but nope. Everything hit me square in the face this week when I realized those little tummy rumblings were actually little arms and legs. I feel our little peanut all the time and it's such an incredible, amazing thing.

F I V E //

...and when I say everything hit me square in the face this week, I mean it. I have been a MESS of emotions and quite irrational (so sorry Sean). Hormones definitely play a part in my daily ups-and-downs, but I know deep down my own selfishness, pride, fear, and worry are the greatest culprits. I've been journaling through Psalm 119 this month, and yesterday's section was such a beautiful reminder to me.

"Let your steadfast love comfort me according to Your promise to Your servant. Let Your mercy come to me, that I may live; for Your law is my delight. . . In Your steadfast love give me life, that I may keep the testimonies of Your mouth." ~ Ps. 119:76-77, 88

When I feel emotionally spent and hopeless, His steadfast love comforts me. When I find myself crying because I'm afraid of the future, His mercy comes to me. When I'm drained, tired, and aimless, His steadfast love gives me LIFE and the STRENGTH to keep His Word.

It is so easy to read verses like that, and know in my head that the Lord loves me and is upholding my hand (Ps. 37), yet live as if it's not true. I need to actually LIVE in the knowledge that He is there, protecting me, caring for me, and knows all the plans He has for me. And you know what? Peace always will come.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 
Remember, His mercies are NEW every morning. 
Great is His faithfulness.


// linking up here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...