Thursday, April 3, 2014

Surprise Visit

My birthday was earlier in March, and my wonderful fantastic husband surprised me with someone so super dear to me - my best friend Katie!

I have been adjusting fairly well to life down here in Tennessee since we got married nearly eight months ago, but I still long for the familiar once in awhile. As fantastic as everyone and everything has been to me down here, it is so refreshing to talk to someone who has known me for years and has been there for so much. I pray in the next several years the friends here in the South will be that kind of close - but for the moment, Katie was exactly what I needed.

In all the excitement, we barely got any pictures together.
This one is from a few days before my wedding in August.
I met Katie a little over two years ago at a gathering of CollegePlus! students in California. Two years doesn't seem like much, but when you're as young as I am [;-)] two years can shape and grow you tremendously. She lives in Nebraska, so I haven't seen her much, but we've had our share of three-hour-phone calls and hilarious text conversations. She was the first to know when Sean and I became official, she was there the weekend we got engaged, she was the Maid of Honor in our wedding, and I've been there for many milestones of hers as well. She's someone I'll look back and consider a childhood friend.

The day before my birthday, on a rainy Sunday in Nashville on our way to church with some friends, we stopped at the airport to pick up who I thought was the cousin of one of the guys with us. 
Katie walks out instead. The end. Sean forever wins :D


While she was here we went to Winterjam, ate Krispy Kreme, sang Frozen, watched The Office reruns, laughed till we cried, went antiquing, talked about marriage, among other things.  It was all so wonderful!

Oh and Sean, if I haven't told you lately, you're a keeper ;)

4 comments:

  1. That is a fanastic birthday surprise! Friends that make you laugh til you cry are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo much fun! I've been dying to have some of my college friends come visit me, but haven't convinced them yet. Your friend must love you more ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! Maybe ;) It's fun hosting guests now that I'm married. It's a very different experience than when I was at home. & i'm sure the same is true for you!!

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love this! As the friend on the surprising end of a March birthday, this is epic :D CP friends rock 8-) 8-)

    And yes, as young as we are, a year or two can really mark some pretty huge changes... Hang onto those close friends!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...