Friday, April 25, 2014

random thoughts & kielbasa and potato recipe

I somewhat accidentally didn't blog all week.

& I actually didn't plan on scheduling yesterday's post to happen yesterday. But oh well.

Today is my real, only day "off" that I've had alllll week and it's been wonderful. Martin's has been such total insanity this week and I. am. wiped. out. I have a love/hate relationship with working, and would probably love it more if I got paid for a whole week's worth of work and only had to stay there for like, four hours. Is that even a thing?

Probably not.

I feel so much more productive on days like today, though. Running all over the house getting things accomplished, reading, organizing, writing thank-yous, cooking actual food, hanging out with Sean's family, listening to sermons, mowing the lawn - well, half of it:


Pregnancy, you ain't got nothin' on me!

OH! I'm pregnant! Yes! Let's talk about that!

I've known since early February (after three pregnancy tests.) I'm due October 12th - the same week as Sean's birthday, and three of his younger siblings. I'm about 16 weeks along right now, and while my waistline expands and I'm more tired & hungry than usual, not much has changed for me physically. I didn't have morning sickness even once and I've actually been losing weight!

Life has been basically the same for us, and the baby doesn't quite feel real to either of us yet. We're soooo excited to be parents, but it still seems decades in the future, instead of less than six months away.

I did stock up on some maternity clothes this week - thankfully we have some great stores around us where I can find styles that fit my body and my budget ;) Maternity clothes are expensive!


I'll share more details on this stage of my life in a post later this week (HA. MAYBE.), but until then, here is a recipe you need to make RIGHT NOW.


You'll need:
Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage of your choice
Potatoes
1 can of whatever beans you like the best
garlic powder
salt & pepper
basil

Chop up the kielbasa & potatoes, pour in the beans (juice and all), and season as you wish. You can either fry everything in a skillet, or stick it in the crock pot for later (like I'm doing, because I won't be home tonight).

(Sean doesn't know it yet, but this is going to be his favorite new meal in the history of ever)


Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go finish mowing the lawn.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Such a cute baby bump. :) Congrats!
    Also wanted to let you know you were nominated for the Liebster Award! Here's the link to the post: http://littlehummingbird1.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...