Thursday, March 13, 2014

Are You So Soft?


So often issues will come up in our lives that throw everything for a loop. Life is going great...then, a trial or an adversity of some sort comes our way and we TOTALLY don't handle it correctly. You know what I'm talking about.

In looking back over my own life, especially the past seven months of marriage, I realize with great sadness that there were countless "trials" that came up that were really not great trials at all. But me, in my never ending weakness, viewed a little scraped knee as if my entire leg was cut off.

Which begs me to ask myself and others out there like me,

Are you so soft?

Have you forgotten that God's lending of blessing AND adversity is always. exactly. sufficient for you?

Don't you know that when you cry out to God and say, "I don't need this!" that you actually DO need it?

That everything that happens to you is BECAUSE God is good and loves to give good gifts to His children - even if that gift is disguised as a trial?

Submitting to God means more than just doing what He says: it's a trusting acceptance of His will.

that all things are going to work together for good. 

Are you dragging behind? Or are you running strong?

"Lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed."
- Heb. 12:12-13




3 comments:

  1. "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." - James1:1-2 Sounds like God's teaching us similar lessons this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a challenging post!! Thanks for writing it. We're not supposed to be soft. We're supposed to let the trials we encounter strengthen us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...