Monday, February 10, 2014

When Sinners Say "I Do" - Empty Shelf Challenge #2

As you know, I am participating in Jon Acuff's Empty Shelf Challenge. You can read my intro to that here. 

To put it quickly: start with a picture of an empty shelf. As you read throughout the year, photograph the shelf filling up.



When Sinners Say "I Do" by Dave Hardy

I received this as a bridal shower gift from my dear friend Amelia (check out her guest post last month!). I finally finished it after having to put it down too many times - it's just so convicting! I definitely would recommend this to anyone; single, married, engaged, male, female. It's excellent and full of such sweet Biblical truths. The main message throughout is, "The biggest enemy in your marriage isn't your spouse - it's you." When you realize that YOU are the chief of sinners, and rely on Christ wholeheartedly as the only remedy of your sin, marriage becomes sweet as sin becomes bitter.

Is anyone else joining me along for this challenge!? Let me know in the comments below!


4 comments:

  1. Very cool, Beka! I'm knew to this whole blogging thing, but this I think I can make the time to do. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed reading your blog Hannah! You should definitely keep up with it - so worth it, if only for your friends & family!

      Delete
  2. That is such a fun challenge! Too bad most of the books I read are on my Kindle. That sounds like a great book! I am currently reading one called Capture His Heart that has some of the same ideas in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody else told me that they have a kindle, and then suggested maybe creating a virtual bookshelf via photoshop or something similar? If you're tech savvy like that ;) I'll look into Capture His Heart!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...