Monday, February 3, 2014

The Empty Shelf Challenge


I'm joining up with Jon Acuff for his first-ever Empty Shelf Challenge. If you have no idea who Jon Acuff is, you're seriously missing out. Next to Matt Walsh, Jordan Taylor, and The Pioneer Woman, he's one of my favorite internet "personalities". You can check out his hilarious Stuff Christians Like blog (his old stuff is the best, in my opinion) here or follow him on Twitter. His Superbowl stream had me laughing harder than some of the commercials last night :D

Okay, back to the challenge. The rules are simple: start with a picture of an empty bookshelf:


As you read books throughout the year, take more photos of the shelf filling up! 


And as you add new books, let us know what you thought of them afterward!

Happy, Happy, Happy. by Phil Robertson
~ okay, technically, I'm not finished with this one yet. My mother-in-law bought it after the whole Duck Dynasty fiasco where they threatened to pull the show off the air. She went on Amazon & bought practically everything DD related! This book is really great though, it covers Phil's whole life, from a little boy hunting & fishing in Louisiana, to how he met Miss Kay, their early marriage struggles, how he came to know the Lord, & how Duck Commander had its start. I would definitely recommend it!

Acuff has a (beta) website where other readers can connect & share their progress. I don't know if I'm going to publicly share my progress on there, but I thought it would be a fun thing to include here on the blog! I'm a huge reader (when I have the time), & this is a fun idea to keep myself motivated to read more.

Let me know in the comment section if you want to join me! Maybe in the future I can host a monthly link-up or something with everyone's progress!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...