Monday, February 17, 2014

My Favorite Green Smoothie


I've been on a green smoothie kick lately...it's the 2nd best thing to juicing, in my opinion. And since I don't have a juicer, my $30 blender will have to do! I usually buy fresh organic spinach from Sam's (less than $5 for a 16oz container. It's delicious and healthy and when it starts to go bad (I can't eat all that spinach!), I throw it in the freezer for more smoothies in the future. Ta-da.


I blend the greens first with kefir water. If you don't have any kefir, you could use regular water. However, the kefir water contains good-for-your-tummy probiotics and supports your gut health & digestive tract! You can learn all about kefir here and you can purchase kefir grains here. My kefir has lemon, grapefruit, and orange essential oils infused as well.

I also put in about a tablespoon of organic coconut oil & a tablespoon or two of chia seeds. Super food, people!



Next, strawberries, a banana, and 3-4 ice cubes. I'm soaking my berries here.


& that's it!


My Favorite Green Smoothie- 2 cups organic green spinach
- 1.5 cups kefir water/regularwater/milk/juice/whatever
- 1 heaping tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 5-7 strawberries
- 1 large banana
- 3-4 ice cubes

Blend spinach, liquid, coconut oil, and chia seeds.
Blend everything else.
Enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Yep I gotta try this one for me and little love! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate spinach, but this actually looks pretty yummy! I might have to try it! My husband would love it. Does the kefir water have a weird taste? I have never even heard of that (you can tell I'm not a big healthy eater :) ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you add plenty of sweet fruit and maybe even some honey, you shouldn't taste the spinach at all. & if you were to drink kefir water, unflavored, it does have a yeast-y taste to it. However, when you mix it with fruit or essential oils, it's delicious!! I've made strawberry lemonade kefir soda before and it's fantastic. When mixed in a smoothie you can't even tell it's kefir at all.

      Delete
  3. That looks great! I love smoothies also! I use flax seeds, but I've heard chia seeds are good too! I need to research on which one is better for me and stick with that one! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered the same myself! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...