Saturday, February 8, 2014

Liebster Award



Nina from The Grand Adventures of Me nominated me for the Liebster Award! Like her, I was really coveting this award and was not-so-patiently waiting to be nominated :) Basically, "Liebster means “dearest” in German, and the award is intended to help up-and-coming bloggers with 200 followers or less to grow in their writing. I was nominated because I guess Nina is one of the twelve people in the entire world who actually READS this thing, & she thinks I'm interesting. If even just a little ;)

The rules are as follows:
1. You must link back to the person that nominated you.
2. You must answer the 11 questions given by the nominee before you.
3. You pick 5-11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions.
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
5. You must tell the nominees that they have been nominated by you.


Without further adieu (what does that even mean), here are my answers to Nina's 11 questions!

1. If you could only celebrate one holiday a year, which would it be?
Christmas. I love Christmas. The smells and the lights and the food and the Starbucks lattes and the cheesy Christmas movies and everything. Even as an adult (well, I sort of am an adult. I guess I am now that I'm married. right?), it's all so magical to me still. 

2. Which is better: the morning or the night?
Both. If I find the strength to get up early, definitely the morning. But the night is always good too because it's like the entire day is already over, and anything I accomplish is just in addition.

3. If you were stranded on a desert island, who would you want to be stranded with and what is the one item you would want to have?
I should say Sean, but does that even count? If I can't be stranded with him, then definitely my best friend Katie. & I would want coffee. katie would agree with me.



4. Were you more interested in the Superbowl or the Bruno Mars half time show Sunday night? If you didn't watch either, what did you spend your Sunday evening doing?
I wasn't interested in either - I was most fascinated in the commercials, actually. I didn't pay too much attention to Bruno Mars. He has a good voice, but I really don't like how crude his songs are :P I spent the night with some friends from Martin's. We ate chicken wings and spinach artichoke dip & drank root beer. It was fantastic.

5. If you are a religious person, how does religion affect your life?
I never ever know how to answer this question un-awkwardly. I never liked the whole "Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship!!!!" with my fist punching the air. I think that's so simplistic. 

So basically, I am a Christian, and my life is hidden in Christ. The old, dirty, worthless Beka is dead. She was nailed on the cross with Christ, along with everything that stood to testify against her. The New Beka is full of life, and lives to bring glory to the One who saved her. That is how "religion" affects my life. Christ IS my life.



6. The last thing you bought was...
Groceries.

7. Do you have any embarrassing stories you're willing to share with the internet world?
Probably, but I can never think of them.

8. What is your number one pet peeve?
Tapping noises on surfaces. Chewing noises. Strangers who stare. When people's eyes wander around the room when I'm talking to them. Oh, you just wanted one? 

9. What do you prefer: movies, books, or the interwebz?
I wish I enjoyed books the most, & I usually do when I can pull myself away from da web. I've been trying to spend 1-2 nights a week where I don't even turn my computer on after dinner & spend the evening reading or getting other projects done. I hardly have the patience for movies. Ask Sean, 

10. What is your favorite season?
The transition seasons - fall & spring. 

11. Why do you blog?
Because if I don't write, I feel like I will die. 

No, seriously.

Writing helps me process life, and it's always fun to create something to share with other people. I don't want to just write idly and for my own enjoyment; I want to be productive & encourage others in the process. I wrote a more in-depth post about that here.

My turn! I nominate:


And here are my eleven questions:
1. You have an entire day to yourself, what do you do?
2. Why do you blog?
3. If you could only eat one thing for an entire year, what would it be?
4. What genre of music do you love that would surprise most people?
5. Coffee or tea?
6. What are 3 of your favorite blogs that you follow?
7. Describe your favorite vacation.
8. What do you think of modern art?
9. Are you planning on watching the Winter Olympics?
10. How do you stay healthy during the cold winter months?
11. What is 1 thing you would like others to know about you?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award, Beka!

    I too am struggling to get myself off the computer and sit down with a book (probably because if I do make it off the computer, I end up in front of a movie (wasntme))

    Oh and please say it's not a crime to have straight-up skipped the Superbowl for chick-flicks with my mom and sisters :P Dad was kind enough to inform us of the score after each quarter, so we didn't *completely* miss out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! It's either the computer or the TV. Goodness gracious. It's so hard to be disciplined sometimes! What chick-flicks did yall watch? :D

      Delete
  2. Love it!

    I feel like I would explode if I didn't write as well. It would be an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to comment randomly telling you how much I love your blog and how happy I am to see your beautifully consistent posts, and this seems like a good opportunity. :) So, I love your blog! And it makes me really happy to see new posts! It's, like, 22% as good as seeing you again and hearing it all in person, which is actually a really big percentage if you think about it.

    Loves,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment made Sean & I laugh, Allison :D Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment! I miss you guys & hope to see y'all SOMETIME this year! Can you believe it's been so long since we saw your family in Texas? What a blessing you all are!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...