Saturday, January 4, 2014

10 Weird Things I Like That Most People Don't

Hello, friends! I thought it would be fun to write a post about some of my interests...but then realized that could be boring. So I then thought maybe this list would be a little bit more interesting ;) 

[Sean said I should put quinoa on the list after I tried feeding it to him for dinner one night, but then I told him that most people actually like quinoa, and he didn't believe me, so...does anyone out there actually like quinoa? Or am I just crazy?] 

Until then, here are 10 weird things I like that most people don't:

1. Driving In The Snow

Some New Englanders might want to shoot me for saying this, but I really enjoy driving in the snow. And before you tell me that I have no experience, I learned to drive in the snow and had two wintersworth of driving experience before moving to TN...and I actually enjoyed it!


2. Reading Books I Don't Agree With

Now, I'm not recommending reading books with inappropriate content or even those with nasty language, but I actually enjoy and find it important to read books that don't always line up with what I believe. For example, I think conservative Christians should read books like The Shack and Love Wins. Psychology students should study topics such as secular humanism and modern psychological techniques alongside Biblical counseling. Science students should study evolution. I've heard lots of flack about Real Marriage by Mark Driscoll, so I'm reading it. I'd like to read Strange Fire by John MacArthur eventually, as well. These are just a few examples, and I'm not venturing too far into many subjects...and I'm also beginning to preach to you...but anyway. I like to read books I don't agree with. It exercises my brain.


3. Malcom In The Middle

This sitcom from the early 2000s follows a family with lots of boys and all their adventures. Sean and I started watching it again recently as well. It's terribly hilarious XD


4. Old Fashioned Grandma-y Floral Prints

Scarves, skirts, shirts, even some wallpaper. Yes, I do love this. Sean really doesn't appreciate it as much, so I don't wear my most obnoxious floral shirts too often, but that predilection is still there ;)


5. Dubstep

Hey. Don't judge. Just listen and be happy. 



6. The Smell of Seaweed

Growing up, my family would spend a week on the beach in Rhode Island every June. Some years the seaweed would be worse than others, but it was always there. And I always had this strange obsession with how it smelled.



7. Aztec Leggings 

I actually own two pairs. I haven't found the courage to wear them yet, but I have them. I've seen them worn as just pants before, but for modesty's sake I think they should be worn with a dress or a tunic.



8. OneDirection

I never thought I'd be able to say this, but they're not too bad.



Like this song:


And this one:


9. Cheesy Holiday Movies



10. HTML/CSS Code

I have very limited knowledge and have only recently started dabbling in this, but it FASCINATES me and I've been learning whatever I can!





So there you have it - 10 things I like that most people don't. Do you like any of these things? Are you weird like me? What are some things that you like that you think no one else does? 














...Oh, and what do you think of quinoa!? 

7 comments:

  1. We have only #8 and #9 in common. As for #1, we're completely opposite. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I'm with ya on #1 and #2, and #10 too whenever I get the time to become a geek. But quinoa? for the love of all that's pleasant, just no.

    Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog, btw. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE quinoa!!! What do you think of it?
    ~Shiloh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it if I put lots of salt with it!

      Delete
  4. I think quinoa is a girl thing. We had the great quinoa vs.potato debate at supper a few months ago, and pretty much the girls liked it and the boys (and father) thought it was cow food.... I will have to send you a recipe for quinoa cupcakes. They are really good, and you don't even have to pretend they are healthy, they just are. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. let's just say i agreed with sean and naomi on the 'wonders' of quinoa...until i learned how to cook it. pilaf-style, where you toast it in oil first, then cook. add peas and some fresh basil and even my dad decided to like it. honestly, it kind of tasted like fried rice...only without the egg. win in my book. =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...