Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Ceremony

(All the photos in this post are courtesy of Jason Manion, Denise Reynolds, Emily Knepper, and others. Honestly, I have a whole mix of photos on my computer and I don't even know anymore who took what. Sorry if this isn't proper etiquette!)
 
The ceremony was held at the newly built chapel at Camp Maranatha. It was new as in, the laid the flooring the day before. I think our big day was incentive for them to finish the project :D
Sean and I spent hours both together and with our parents discussing the ceremony schedule and what we did and didn't want to include. We had many unsaved family members and friends in attendance, and wanted the ceremony to be explicitly Christ-centered and a clear Gospel message shared. The entire reason for our marriage is Christ, that we ultimately might conform to His image as we glorify Him together.
^^^ the program Sean designed and assembled. The front was drawn freehand (even my signature)! He's so talented :D
^^^ during the rehearsal on Friday afternoon...excited for what the next day will bring!!!

At 11:30am on August 17th, with our 250+ guests seated, we showed a slideshow of photos of Sean and I. Shortly after noon, "Just The Way You Are" by The Piano Guys began, as our families were seated...

IMG_2522 IMG_2524

...and then with the opening lines Bless the Lord, oh my soul, oh my soul, worship His holy name...the bridal party began making their way down the isle...and finally, it was my turn:

IMG_2573

I joined hands with my beloved at the front, as my father gave me away and then stood forward to officiate the ceremony between Sean and I.

1184789_10153125701975361_718538654_nWe started with prayer and then Sean's father, Jamie, stood at the front beside my dad and gave a charge to his son to embrace a multi-generational vision for his life, to love his wife and children well, and to serve the Lord all the days of his life. Specific Scripture passages were then read by my 10-year-old brother Ben and Sean's 11-year-old nephew Evan.

One of the groomsmen, Daniel, led the congregation in singing Be Thou My Vision while a family friend, Allison, played on the keyboard. This hymn is mine and Sean's favorite, and it was amazing to be able to sing it at our wedding.

My dad then shared a brief message on the Gospel, headship within marriage, and what "covenant" means. He shared a few funny stories...



...and we shared our vows and exchanged the rings:



...closing prayer:



and that was it!

....oh, you're waiting for the kiss, eh?



if you insist:



happy? :) yeah, me too.

"God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes played as the recessional for the bridal party to make their way back down the isle. In this picture I spotted a co-worker of mine I was surprised to have been there! Also notice the groomsmen's spiffy shades...

IMG_2742 IMG_2746 IMG_2750IMG_2762

When we made it back into the foyer, my dad reminded Sean once more that "you better take care of my baby girl, or else."



All in all, it was a beautiful ceremony. The receiving line went on for over an hour afterward as our guests made their way down to the reception, and that was a time of sweet, albeit brief, one-on-one moments with many dear friends and family members.



~beka

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the pictures, I'm reminded just how stunning you dress was! It couldn't have been more lovely. And you, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...